Purpose and Goals¶
Drutopia combines the principles of software freedom, community ownership and intersectional politics to co-develop technologies that meet our needs and reflect our values.
Points of Unity¶
As participants in the Drutopia initiative we agree to:
- Be inclusive regarding gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, ability, age, religion, geography, and class.
- Commit to protection of personal information and privacy and freedom from surveillance.
- Value collaboration and cooperation above competition.
- Place human needs over private profit.
- Foster non-hierarchical structures and collective decision-making.
- Release a Drupal distribution that meets crucial needs for networked grassroots organizations.
- Launch fully functional drutopia.org
- Establish a worker co-op product team
- Build a sustainable and healthy number of members
- Use compelling content to convince grassroots activists to become members.
- Provide technical information to plug open source community members into the project.
- Gather donations by creating content that inspires, addresses critiques and demonstrates impact.